Every year we see patients who are struggling with life with missing and damaged teeth. Whether from accident, poor hygiene, or poor genetics, there are millions of Americans who are looking for ways to restore their smiles. Dr. Piazza is proud to offer his patients dental implants as an option for restoration of their missing teeth and beautiful smiles.
How Are Dental Implants Better Than Traditional Dentures?
Dental implants come with a range of benefits above traditional dentures. The strong foundation they provide for teeth is just the start. The titanium material the implants use stimulates the strengthening and growth of jaw bone material, ultimately fusing with the bone for a reinforced jawline. In addition to their ability to help rebuild the jaw, additional benefits include:
- Enhanced Appearance –Dental implants are very similar in appearance to your natural teeth, making it impossible for others to tell you’ve had restorations done.
- Restored Speech –Missing teeth can make proper speech difficult to manage, and regular dentures can slip, causing mumbling and slurring. Implants eliminate these concerns and function like natural teeth.
- Improved Comfort –Dental implants function as a natural extension of yourself, so there is no discomfort from adhesives, slipping, or rubbing.
- Improved Ability To Eat –By being securely fit in place, it’s easier to chew and eat naturally again. You’ll never have to be concerned about your dental implants slipping or falling while you eat.
- Boosted Self-Confidence –Having natural appearing and functioning teeth can eliminate self-consciousness about your smile.
- Prolonged Dental Health –Dentures don’t protect the bone, and so the bone degrades over time. Dental implants cause the bones to strengthen and regrow over time, so your jaw stays healthy.
Dental implants do more than just restore your natural smile. They’re a way to preserve your oral health for a lifetime by strengthening and protecting the structure of your mouth for a lifetime.
Do Dental Implants Require Special Care To Maintain?
Dental Implants are cared for in the same way as your natural teeth. Daily brushing, flossing, and use of mouthwash will keep your smile looking and smelling great. During your twice-yearly visits to your dental office, they will be removed for thorough cleaning while being checked for damage. The condition of your gums will also be checked to ensure that everything is healthy and doing well. These last steps are the only thing that differs from caring for your natural teeth. Remember that dental implants can still be stained and develop plaque and tartar, so regular hygiene is vital.
If dental implants sound like a solution you’re interested in looking into, Dr. Piazza is ready to help you on your journey. Call us at 630-357-6400 to schedule an appointment and get a consultation on your future with dental implants. Your visit will start with a full dental exam and medical history, followed by a discussion about your options for dental implants as a restoration option for your dental health. Call today and let our friendly staff help you join our dental family.